I am Steward. It’s not my real name, but instead it is my fake internet pseudonym that still describes who I am (just like ‘thedreamyone’ or ‘toohotfortv’ would). I chose this name for several reasons:
- I don’t view money that I posses as mine, but instead view it as something that I manage for the sake of someone else – thus the moniker “steward” is very appropriate
- It actually sounds and looks like a real name
- I write about a lot of information that may not be appropriate to disburse to a large audience (like my employer, future employers, children’s friends, etc.) without the protection of anonymity given the power of Google and the wild popularity of my site
I don’t expect anyone on the internet to actually use their real name, so I don’t see any real problem with not disclosing what my real name is. If you take extreme umbrage with this or are just dying to know who I am so you can stalk me all over the internet (you are reading the about me page you internet stalker you) then just send me an email or use my contact form to give me a heads up. At least that way I can start stalking you back.
I am a married male in my mid-twenties who
is also a soon to be dad is the father of one strapping young lad. I was born and raised in San Diego, living in the same house from the day I was born until the day I moved out. I went to three different types of institutions of higher learning over my 5.5 years of college – the first was an old, east coast University that cost an arm and a leg, the second was a local San Diego community college, the third, and final was a modest and relatively new State school located a few miles north of my home. I majored in the terribly useful ( ) discipline of History and loved every minute of it. As a result I find people extremely interesting and constantly wonder what makes people tick (other than their ticker of course). I also have very few job skills. I guess thems [sic] the apples Iz [sic] chosen.
Reasons I Blog
Here are my top 10 reasons why I blog:
- I like to teach
- I feel like I have things to say
- Information should be free and open
- It keeps me accountable to my high minded ideals
- Making graphs is fun, I need more excuses to make graphs
- Making spreadsheets is fun, I need more excuses to make spreadsheets
- I get a kick out of writing some of the randomness that creeps into a lot of my posts
- The irony of researching things that are absurd to do research on gives me a high level of satisfaction
- People are too serious about money or not serious enough, I like to slap both types of people in the proverbial face
I like top 10 lists with only nine items, they make the author look aloof and enigmatic.
I am always interested in hearing questions and comments from my readers. Please direct your query or obiter dictum to stewardmyfamilysmoneycom or fill out the simple contact form found below.
If, for some reason, you want to give me money for a service that I might provide you can contact me in a similar fashion. But be warned, I am a trained specialist in the Abrahamic price negotiation style. What is the price of this advertising between you and I…